People ask me for recommendations all the time, so here’s a nice little repository of the best things I like and where to find them. Most of these are copywriting related.
Copywriting for Beginners:
- What is Copywriting? – Watch the video to see and scroll through some of the examples.
- How to Become A Copywriter – This is my article with everything you need to know about becoming different types of copywriters (Agency, Corporate, Freelance).
- Newbie Advice for Copywriting – My three main recommendations on how to get started.
- My Kopywriting Newsletter – Signup to get amazing copywriting tips to your inbox for free.
- Kopywriting Kourse – This course will get you learning copy by tonight. The fastest and best way to start.
Copywriting Guides That Can Help:
- Breaking Down Effective Sales Pages That Sell – Writing a sales page? Follow these guidelines.
- Tone of Voice To Use In Your Copywriting – Depending what you’re trying to convey, different tones work better.
- Company Slogans of all companies in the S&P 500 – We painstakingly hunted down every slogan for you.
- One Pager Examples – A “One Pager” is a great way to sum up and sell a product or service.
- Text Analyzer – A tool that analyzes your input text, or the text on a given website.
- Copywriting Books and Courses – Get better at the craft of copywriting with these recommendations.
- How To Hire A Copywriter – Ways to hire, plus a list of copywriter names, specialty, and contact info.
- Get Rid Of Writer’s Block – Getting over Writer’s Block is quicker with these steps.
- How to Writer A Cover Letter – Craft the perfect cover letter for each situation (3 in total).
- Fuck You Money Calculator – How much money will last you a lifetime.
- Email Open Rate Examples – See real world private examples of open rates from varying businesses.
- Power Words for Sales – A big list of words to scroll through when writing copy.
- Copywriting Examples – Some examples of good copywriting to follow.
- Advertorials and How To Write Them – Advertorials are rapidly raining traction online with big media companies.
- Uber Emails – How a big company like Uber can improve their emails (with examples).
- Problem Solving Checklist – Help with solve any problem with 10 tactics.
- B2B Emails That Increase Sales – Watch how Yelp increased their B2B business with a cold email.
- How To Write A Tagline – Make sure you’re not copying huge companies when writing a tagline.
- Copywriting Exercises – Some great ways to get better at copywriting.
- Street Advertising Signs Experiment – Changing some signs on a sidewalk to increase walk-in traffic by 50%.
- Effective Communication Skills – Some tactics I personally use to communicate better.
- The Product Pricing Calculator – My calculator to show you how to make a certain amount of money.
- How to Consult As A Side Job – Everything I know about selling your services for money, including the exact templates I use for doing it.
- Copywriting Headlines That Sell – How to write solid headlines and email subject lines, including a list of 125 email subjects I personally used/sent/tested.
- How to Become A Copywriter – This is everything I know about becoming a copywriter, totally free.
- Powerwashing Flyers – Examples of offline flyers that took a business to $13k+/month.
- How to Send Cold Email Like A Boss – Getting people in high places to read your cold email.
- How To Self Publish A Book – I made a book really quick, and Amazon still pays me hundreds of dollars (sometimes thousands) per month for it. An easy guide to show you how I did it.
- Learn to Hire On Craigslist – A Free course on hiring I made to help ease the time-wasting of hiring.
- The Three Pronged Pricing Technique – How to charge clients without scaring anyone away.
- How I Make Money – People always ask how, and I explain it step-by-step here.
Tools For Concentration:
- Hearos Ear Plugs – Amazing quality ear plugs that don’t hurt my ears after long use. I wear them for concentrating during writing sessions, sleeping, and planes. I wrote about them here.
- Self Control App – I turn this little program on, and it blocks all my distracting websites.
- Facebook Kill Newsfeed – A Chrome extension that lets you use Facebook, but gets rid of the addictive News Feed. This has saved me hundreds of hours in wasted time per year.
- My To-Do List Method – Not sure what I’d do without this.
- The Amish Hour – Take an hour each day to shun technology and workout your brain.
- Distraction Free Writing – A distraction-free space to write out your thoughts. Can even save as text or HTML when done.
- The Boron Letters by Gary Halbert – My favorite crazy-ass marketing guy wrote these 25 letters to his son from jail. Gold is in these pages.
- This Book Will Teach You How To Write Better by Neville Medhora – My short book on writing better. Great to keep by your desk as a quick reference guide.
- The Kopywriting Kourse by Neville Medhora – My video course to get good at copy by tonight. Great if you write copy on the regular, or need your team to get good.
Email List Management Software:
- Aweber – This is what I used for years, and I still miss it. I only moved after my business required some more advanced features. But I was super-happy using Aweber and recommend it to all newbies and 99% of businesses I encounter.
- InfusionSoft – This is what I currently use. But only after my business grew past 15,000+ subscribers.
Tools to Make a Blog or Store:
- Shopify – I used to use Shopify for eCommerce stores and it was awesome. By far the best eCommerce platform I’ve used (and I’ve had several eCommerce stores over 10 years).
- WordPress.org – I use WordPress for everything. It’s free if you host it yourself.
- BlueHost – If you want to spin up a WordPress site on the cheap, use BlueHost.
- WPengine.com – This is the WordPress host I started to use when my blog became my business and I needed proper support and easy expansion. I’ve had too much trouble managing WordPress on my own, they just do it for me, been using them for 3+ years.