David Perell first came to my attention via Twitter, where he posts thoughtful pieces on writing. We talked extensively about writing and how he grew a large Twitter following.
Watch the full David Perell interview:
Listen to the David Perell interview:
Thoughts On Writing (The “compression” of information + the future of writing)
- Why (and when) did you start writing online?
- What topics do you write on? Follow curiosity or is there a specific angle?
- The compressing of information. Books → magazines → newspapers → blogs → Twitter → Reels → TikTok
- Where do you see writing going? Future predictions.
The Upsides & Downsides of running Cohort Based Classes
- What number cohort are you on now?
- What have you learned about cohorts? Upsides / Downsides?
- Do you have plans to make more courses/classes like this?
Twitter 101 with David Perell (How to Grow A Twitter Following)
- Twitter before vs now?
- What are the primary drivers of growth on Twitter?
- What is your average time investment per day? I read somewhere you said you were borderline addicted to Twitter. I can totally relate, I just rarely participated.
- Have you invested in companies through Twitter?
- Downsides of being so popular on Twitter?
- What is the “machine” or “system” you use to Tweet?
- Frameworks you use for Twitter?
- Who are some good follows on Twitter?
- Do you use lists?
David Perell and Neville Medhora Live-Improve Twitter Bio’s