(Swipe, Thought, Uplifting, Picture, Interesting, Drawing)
This is a fun email for Friday June 25th, 2021. Hope you like it :)
Listen as audio:
This is an amazing old-school ad from McGraw-Hill that demonstrates what it’s like for someone going into a sales meeting trying to pitch a product.
Love how grumpy this guy looks!
We become what we think about.
People who think about becoming teachers, become teachers.
People who think about becoming lawyers, become lawyers.
A beautiful environment makes you think beautiful thoughts.
A crappy environment makes you think crappy thoughts.
I was doing a 3-camera shoot in my office which is still not ready (got wallpaper + more furniture coming soon), so I had to pull blankets and rugs from other room to reduce echo from the bare walls and concrete 😂
Wasn't elegant but it worked!!
Our buddy Eric Bandholz started a barbershop for his company Beardbrand to use as a YouTube studio to film haircuts for their millions of YoutTube subscribers.
Now they do meetups where they have tacos, coffee, and haircuts to just hangout with other peeps and entrepreneurs.
It had an old school barbershop hang-out vibe and was really fun!
I have another interview with Sam Parr (founder of TheHustle) premiering on Sunday, but here's an early clip:
I asked him to give me his thoughts on each social platform:
• "Is probably the most effective place for ads."
• "Facebook Marketplace however is amazing."
• "Facebook Groups is the best forum software."
• "It's kind of a bad habit."
• "In 10 years I don't think Facebook will be as popular, but Oculus will."
• "It's where a lot of people are."
• "Almost everything is bad about it."
• "It succeeds in spite of itself."
• "I only hire from Twitter."
• "Ad platform have never had success on."
• "I meet so many people and get sent tons of free stuff from here."
• "They will likely launch a subscription service and do amazing."
• "Clubhouse is dead."
• "I think they will go out of business."
• "I think it's the greatest thing on Earth."
• "I still think YouTube is undervalued."
• "YouTube TV is amazing."
• "The ad platform is great and high ROI."
• "I think email is the best owned audience, but YouTube is #2."
• "I don't like the culture of Instagram, it's like the Miami of the world."
• The culture is amazing and supportive.
We don't need a drawing all the time....you can turn text into art when writing.
• For example when making bullet points •
• you can make them point •
• downwards to some •
• call to action (CTA) •
• you want people •
• to click on •
• like this •
Hope you enjoyed these little tidbits, have a happy Friday :)
Neville Medhora - CopywritingCourse.com | @NevMed