(Swipe, Thought, Uplifting, Picture, Interesting, Drawing)
This is a fun email for Friday June 25th, 2021. Hope you like it :)
Listen as audio:
This is an amazing old-school ad from McGraw-Hill that demonstrates what it’s like for someone going into a sales meeting trying to pitch a product.
Love how grumpy this guy looks!
We become what we think about.
People who think about becoming teachers, become teachers.
People who think about becoming lawyers, become lawyers.
A beautiful environment makes you think beautiful thoughts.
A crappy environment makes you think crappy thoughts.
I was doing a 3-camera shoot in my office which is still not ready (got wallpaper + more furniture coming soon), so I had to pull blankets and rugs from other room to reduce echo from the bare walls and concrete 😂
Wasn’t elegant but it worked!!
Now they do meetups where they have tacos, coffee, and haircuts to just hangout with other peeps and entrepreneurs.
It had an old school barbershop hang-out vibe and was really fun!
I have another interview with Sam Parr (founder of TheHustle) premiering on Sunday, but here’s an early clip:
I asked him to give me his thoughts on each social platform:
• “Is probably the most effective place for ads.”
• “Facebook Marketplace however is amazing.”
• “Facebook Groups is the best forum software.”
• “It’s kind of a bad habit.”
• “In 10 years I don’t think Facebook will be as popular, but Oculus will.”
• “It’s where a lot of people are.”
• “Almost everything is bad about it.”
• “It succeeds in spite of itself.”
• “I only hire from Twitter.”
• “Ad platform have never had success on.”
• “I meet so many people and get sent tons of free stuff from here.”
• “They will likely launch a subscription service and do amazing.”
• “Clubhouse is dead.”
• “I think they will go out of business.”
• “I think it’s the greatest thing on Earth.”
• “I still think YouTube is undervalued.”
• “YouTube TV is amazing.”
• “The ad platform is great and high ROI.”
• “I think email is the best owned audience, but YouTube is #2.”
• “I don’t like the culture of Instagram, it’s like the Miami of the world.”
• The culture is amazing and supportive.
We don’t need a drawing all the time….you can turn text into art when writing.
• For example when making bullet points •
• you can make them point •
• downwards to some •
• call to action (CTA) •
• you want people •
• to click on •
• like this •
Hope you enjoyed these little tidbits, have a happy Friday :)