Should you buy a new iPhone 14?
People complain about the cost of upgrading phones, but if you do simple math your phone is technically the device you should spend the MOST money on.
If your phone is used for 2+ years, and it's with you 2 hours/day, a $1,000 iPhone will cost:
• If you use it for 1 year, it costs $0.28/hour
• If you use it for 2 years, it costs $0.14/hour
• If you use it for 3 years, it costs $0.09/hour
• If you use it for 4 years, it costs $0.07/hour
• If you use it for 5 years, it costs $0.06/hour
I personally use my phone *technically* 24hrs/day for:
• Communicating with the world
• Controlling my house
• Handling work
• Waking me up
It's a digital link to the online world which I earn income from, so the numbers get even crazier if I factor in 24/hour a day usage:
If you upgrade to the newest phone:
• Every picture you take is so much better.
• Every swipe you make is slightly faster.
• Every feature is slightly improved.
• Every app is slightly faster.
Multiply this by several thousands swipes/clicks per day and that adds up quick!
By the way for the screenshots I'm using are from a calculator I built to help me determine what price to pay for stuff:
Run any of your purchases by this calculator to justify (or not justify) new purchases!