Whatever "some weirdos" are doing now....versions of "that crazy thing" will be normal in 10 to 20 years:
Year 2000 vs Now:
• Organic food is for hippies -vs- Everyone eats organic.
• Weed gets you arrested -vs- Weed sold everywhere.
• Internet is for fringe nerds -vs- The world runs on internet.
• Electric cars were golf carts -vs- Electric cars are best/fastest. • Flying was for planes -vs- Buy autonomous drones for $200.
• Online dating for losers -vs- Most relationships start online.
In 2003 (20 years ago) around 700 million people were on the internet. Now it’s nearly the entire planet.
Many people in 2003 felt they missed their “big shot” after the Internet Bubble collapsed a few years before that. Turns out most of the money was made after that….
…which industries look like the “First Website” now? AI, AR/VR, crypto, web3?
Maybe it’s industries where the numbers are like:
• 10 million BTC wallets
• 20 million defi users
• 30 million active VR users
• 100,000 people have medical chips implanted in their brains.
…where these numbers go to billion: